R&D Project Engineer
For a renowned, international company in the automotive industry, Ombrelo is looking for a R&D Engineer who has strong interest in automotive technologies and development!
You will be involved in the development of key components in terms of functionality and manufacturability as well as the development of new technologies from initial concept through PID (production intended design) prototype. An analytical mind, professional maturity and solid understanding of manufacturing processes is key to successfully execute this job. Initially you will be assigned for the development of specific and dedicated components/ sub-assemblies and progressively move to the direction of technology ownership.
Your job consists of:
- Set up and define in close cooperation with the requestor(s), other project engineers and/or technology project manager, a clear statement of requirements (SOR) for the new components and/or subsystems and systems.
- Be part of a technical multifunctional team.
- Take ownership of his project, coordinates all development activities, organizes the work to meet the defined project milestones.
- Hold all detailed project information and documents as required.
- Design new components/subsystems with the support of CAD designers.
- Use your creative skills to propose new concepts and design solutions to meet the requirements and encourage colleagues to participate and critique these solutions to finally result in a robust solution.
- Lead technical discussions with the suppliers/manufacturers as the main point of contact, to come to an agreed production intend design.
- Focus on a robust development by employing the correct process and tools including DFMEA, Pugh Matrix, 6 sigma tools (DoE) etc.
- Use New Technology Introduction (NTI) process to ensure a disciplined approach.
- Perform specific simulations to virtually develop the product, or guide specialist engineers to obtain required simulation data.
- Critically examine the design to optimize for cost and Design For Manufacturing (DFM), liaising with the manufacturing facility to drive a robust PFMEA and control plan for new technology eg. using of Poka Yoke,…
- Manage new sample preparations for initial customer prototypes.
- Fully validate the design, taking into account product tolerances and process variability.
- Seek design/ process continuous improvements (VA/VE activities).
- Initiate and support benchmarking activities to evaluate and measure competition technologies.
- Develop and/or maintain generic DVP (design validation plan) for the components families.
- Set up a DVP for the specific component developments.
- Organize and manage the report out of the DVP, including follow up of timing plan.
- Validate and approve the official PPAP (Production Parts Approval Process) of components.
- Identify potential liability issues and take appropriate actions.
- Identify opportunities for product and process improvements, standardization efforts or cost reduction
- You obtained a master degree (or PhD) in mechanical or electro-mechanical engineering.
- You have a solid technical and mechanical understanding.
- A Six Sigma Green/Black Belt is an asset.
- Strong analytical and creative approach, determination to find solutions, results oriented.
- Customer and quality focused.
- Good supplier relationship.
- Good communication skills and able to operate independent within a team structure.
- Prepared to make occasional business trips to suppliers and customers.
- Good knowledge of English is mandatory.
The company offers a fixed contract and a competitive salary package with several benefits. You will be part of a challenging working environment and an international R&D department with focus on innovation and new product development. The R&D offices are located next to the production facilities in Limburg.