Supplier Process Engineer
Our client is part of a worldwide organization in fine chemicals for the semiconductor industry. In order to further optimize the plant in Zwijndrecht, we are currently recruiting a process engineer that will initiate and execute supplier quality improvement projects.
Your mission as process engineer is assuring consistent and reliable raw material quality. In order to complete that mission, you analyze the existing processes of (sub)suppliers and you ensure that they maintain the right standards, in line with current and future requirements.
In case of issues with the raw materials, you collaborate with the supplier(s) involved to ensure that the right corrective actions are taken. Since there are rather few viable suppliers worldwide, a constructive relationship with the existing suppliers is primary to the organization in order to avoid out of spec products. Needless to say that you will also be conducting supplier audits and selecting new suppliers.
You are a member of the purchase department but you work closely with process engineering and the quality department.
- You have Master's degree in chemistry (or equivalent) and you are experienced in at least one of these domains: supplier quality, process engineering, raw material optimization.
- You understand the strategical advantage of collaborating with suppliers. You are diplomatic yet you stand your ground if you need to.
- You are fluent in English and in Dutch.
- You are team oriented and are able to motivate team members to jointly get results.
- You are willing to travel internationally (+/- 20%).
A great place to work in a stimulating environment. Optimizing state-of-the-art fine chemicals for future proof applications. High level collaboration with suppliers. A challenging job in which you can see results and have impact on the organization. An attractive remuneration package.